Friday, March 20, 2009

Gay Straight Alliance - First Meeting - Mon 3/23!


Gay Straight Alliance
of Cañada College

First Meeting this year
is this Monday!


Monday, March 23

12:30-1:30



in the Library
(in the back on right)


Free pizza and drinks!!

Questions? Contact Dave Patterson pattersond@smccd.edu or (650) 306-3476 or Professor Elizabeth Terzakis terzakise@smccd.edu (650) 306-3327.





Hey,

If anyone (you or someone you know) is feeling shy about coming to this, just send me or Elizabeth a quick e-mail and we will figure out a way to make it more comfortable. I remember going to my very first GSA meeting (25 years ago!) and it wasn't easy. In fact, I didn't go for a while because I was too shy. One way to make it easier for people to attend is to remind everyone that this is an alliance of gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgender, transexual, queer, and questioning students AND THEIR ALLIES. So whatever your orientation, you are welcome. We will assume nothing about participants' orientations, and no one is going to ask participants about their orientation. Hope that that helps! But do e-mail Elizabeth or me if you'd like to get support to attend this because we are going to fill that Silent Study Room with a friendly, supportive spirit and we want you to be there! If you can't come because of a class schedule conflict, I would be happy to e-mail the instructor and ask that you be excused from your class. The instructor might say no, but it never hurts to ask. If you prefer, I could ask the instructor without using your name. (How? I don't know, but I'll figure something out!)

All the best, Dave Patterson, Librarian (and Gay Activist!)

No comments:

Post a Comment